Tuesday, May 17, 2011

facebook II

 (click to see better with eyeballs):Come on.  Admit it.



Ahh, the wonders of the oft-overlook benefits and research marketing firms are allowed to derive free from our willingly posted fears and paranoia. What’s that? I’m being sarcastic you say? Surely you jest; we’d never post anything online that wasn’t derived from complete truth and an utter desire for the positive development of our society.

On that note I feel it’s not only fascinating, but a thing to be congratulated that we can now keep track of our particular obsessions and insecurities! It’s fantastic that at the end of the week, when I go to visit my Psycho-Therapist (Psychoactive, as opposed to Psychopathic, I feel I should point out.) that empirical evidence of my ability to not function without the approval of social peers whom may or may not be involved in my immediate community, not to include the arbitrary electronic approval of my paramour are measured, cataloged, and recorded for the benefit of not only my counselor, but future generations of obsessive-sensationlist-junkie-technology-hip-overly-judgmental-twits. Indeed, I am reassured that the number of compliments I leave for my online lover are stored safely away in an electronic server with the best security possible, and seamlessly unlimited budget, as opposed to the results of local and national elections, to whit some (but not all) data is stored on aging Cobol-based-dinosaurs. (The upside is that you can run “snake” or “frogger” while attempting to ensure a lack of voter-fraud.) It seems that in the end just how cute I think various kitties are will be far more important to future historians.

2 comments:

  1. In an attempt to maintain some form of honesty, I should note that neither of us have yet to give up our facebook pages…

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol and thus you both shall suffer further electronic torture

    ReplyDelete