Friday, August 5, 2011

Soup would be nice.




My sister recently asked me to do a comic. I'm not entirely sure what she had in mind, nor am I ready to implement this “grand idea” I've been tossing around that will rely so heavily upon photoshoppe type programs, but hey, I figured I'd give it a shot. More to the point, since most of the subjects we discuss are so cynical, it seemed a positive note couldn't hurt. Couple of things to take into account, however:

  1. Despite the massive amounts of awesome ideas I have for other people's comics, I rarely have any of my own.
  2. I cannot draw.

Not to worry however, because cute, awkward things are what's “in” on the interwebs right now. Thank God for this because not only do I find them personally entertaining, but I just don't have the time at current to improve my lack of ability to scribble lines across paper. Or do I..?

The other benefit to this is that all of the various ideas I've been wanting to try equate to entirely plausible, and enjoyable. This is quite a relief since, to myself at least, the purpose of this exists to vent unto the world, and while I'm down for entertaining anyone whom reads of our particular neurosis, I'm not sure I wish to expand beyond an audience of, oh, I don't know, 11.

Why? Well, it's simple. I'm a genuinely crazy fuck who has a hard time puzzling out the motives of other human beings. I just want to help people, and not explode, and don't understand why everyone else isn't driven by these two ideals either. Whenever the latter does not occur, I count this as a “good day”, because in my little scorebook it allows me to rack up significantly more tics than the previous system, in which days when I was crippled by rage, distrust, and paranoia for even a couple of hours, I marked as a “bad day”. Yesterday would have been counted as one of those. So now while this data is significantly less helpful to whatever individual might make good use of it, it sure makes me feel a hell of a lot better.

And now I want pho.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Brother:

    At least the general public can, despite not being literally in danger of exploding, appreciate the sentiment that it is a bad thing to have happen. For instance, I exhibit extreme paranoia that, at any moment, I'll be forced to eat a banana that is not in fact a banana, but an amalgamation of worms.

    While this fear is rooted in personal experiences I cannot possibly go in to in this forum, it does make me want to draw a picture of a tiny child peeling back a banana to find this monstrosity, and, taking a moment to think, bite into it. The next panel? A satisfied expression of joy painted across said tiny child's face.

    This is the way we work out our problems. When I was about four or five years old, I went to the kitchen one morning crying. Our mother asked me why I was upset and I explained I'd had a scary dream where I was being chased through a 2D environment Mario-Style by some weird witch. She told me that the only way to stop having this nightmare was to, the next time it seeped into my subconscious, stop running, turn around, and peel off that witch's mask.

    Panel by panel, we're peeling off the witch's mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrified that when we finally do, we'll be told that the witch is in another castle.

    -Cupcake

    ReplyDelete