Monday, November 14, 2011

Sarah 1.
















So at the advice of my good friend, Natxtron, I will be continuing to utilize the venerable sketchbook-and-cell-phone-camera method that I've worked so fiercely to bring into the realm of artistic legitimacy.

OK, well maybe not "fiercely" per say; more like "I'm too poor to afford a scanner, and to pre-occupied to go break into MCA and use theirs." That about sums it up correctly. So far, the method for transferring images sort of works, and with my pro-software (ie: iphoto) I can usually make them somewhat readable. Generally speaking my biggest problem is trying to find an angle to snap them at the doesn't include the shadow of my thumbs, or forearms.

That and my damn cellphone wants to argue with me about weather or not I've pushed the button to take the photo or not. I'm sure my neighbor enjoys my ranting "Don't give me any more lip! Take the damn photo!" to the small electronic device which is constantly finding new and improved ways to subtly control my life.

So, I need advice on layout still. Should I change the color/appearance of the blog itself? Words under the pics, or in the frames? There will be more experimentation, perhaps, as I continue the arc of Sarah's Secret Origin!

-T

PS: Big shout out to Patrick for his help with the whole picture/ink advice thingie!

No comments:

Post a Comment